Translate

Friday, January 4, 2013

10-9-8-7-6...........

Our View of the Mountain 

Happy New Year!
Anyone who was watching local channel 5 in and around the Delaware County area of upstate NY can agree the countdown was less than stellar!  If you are reading this news-caster-lady: YOU forgot the countdown.. But it didn't matter - we were just winding down from a fabulous New Years Weekend in the country with friends and were ready for sleep by the time the rest of the world got to zero.  I hope everyone had very Happy Holiday's and are ready to start the 2013 Beading Season...

For me - It's time to get back to work.
If memory serves, I believe I make beads..


I usually begin preparing for the New Year in December but things have changed a bit around here and it looks like a late start will have to do.   For those of you who read my last blog post or have contact with me outside of Social Media you know that my time is being spent with family who need my assistance and this is pretty much the way things are going to be long term.  I thank you for your patience and consideration during this time.

I also want to bring to your attention that my email and facebook are all "messed up".   I have been battling an email spam problem for about 2 months now.  For every "real" email I receive about 75 spam emails follow and this has been driving me crazy-all I do is delete spam, all day long.  I have checked my spam filters - changed my settings but I find more "real" emails in my spam filters than I do in my regular account - I am currently discussing this with my web people to see if they can get to the bottom of it all.   So, If I have not answered an email - please send it to me again on Facebook {messenger} or on Etsy {convo}  Until this problem is solved.   And while we are on the topic - for a few months facebook has refused to send me ANY NOTIFICATIONS WHATSOEVER.  Translated that means no notifications after comments, when someone comments, when someone sends a message - ANYTHING.   Yes, my settings are fine - so I think there is a connection with this & my email problems.   So, If I have not responded to a comment on FB - that is why -  I am dealing with it the best that I can and again, I thank you for your patience and consideration.

Somewhere in here I was supposed to talk about Beads..

March 2 & 3, 2013: The next show I have coming up is Berks Bead Bazaar  in Pa.   I always describe this as a "cozy" show {if that makes any sense} It's a great place to meet with friends, have lunch at the Inn and shop all things BEAD!  It's very "low-pressure - easygoing" kind of shopping in a pretty atmosphere with a very select group of Bead makers.  The whole LPA clan will be there (including Ben & Hank - wow special treat!) and I really look forward to it.  I will probably post photo's on Facebook & on this blog when I have inventory to show & tell.  If you need something in particular PLEASE contact me and let me know ASAP -  Hank is preparing my work area THIS WEEKEND and the clay is out.   Check out the link for Berks and don't forget to print your Discount coupon for entry into the show!


Best Wishes for a Happy, Healthy & Creative 2013
Lisa

My friend Gracelyn & I at our neighbors Ranch this past New Years Weekend





2 comments:

Mellisa said...

So sorry to hear you're having such a frustrating time with your email :( I've noticed a huge increase in spammy comments on my blog in the past few months, particularly on old posts. If you use Outlook there's a great free spam filter program called SpamBayes that learns from what you mark as spam to filter things out. I almost never have a spam email make it through and it has never marked something spam in error.

Good luck in all your preparations, I can relate to what you're going through right now so please take good care of yourself as well...it's too easy to let yourself get worn down by trying to do it all.

kristibasket said...

Yeah! Excited to hear you are getting out the clay!! Love following everything you make! :)