Translate

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Artist - Raul Conti of Argentina (and New York)

Every once in a while I will write a short post about artists whose work I admire and Raul Conti is one of them. Raul is a friend, of my friend, Nadine Unsworth. You may have read about her in my previous posts or seen photographs of her and I at different art shows together. Nadine is not only my friend but we also Raku together from time to time (when she is not carving stone or painting in oils) She introduced me to Conti's work a few years ago, I want to say 2002 or 2003 but I am not sure. She owns one of his smaller works, I believe entitled Sweet Melody, which I have admired on many occasions at her home. About 3 years ago we attended Conti's show at the Argentenian Consulate in NYC and I was absolutely blown away. There is nothing that can compare to seeing his work (paintings) in person. I have never seen light painted in the way he does and to look at his paintings you feel totally embraced by this light. Luminous is the only word I can seem to utter. His Esculptures are also beautiful and I remember spending alot of time standing in front of Maternity 2001. (and eating) I have not been lucky enough to see any of his other works..but I do cherish my signed copy of Raul Conti - Sixty Years of Paintings & Sculptures. This is just a short blog to say, check it out: HIS WEBSITE has just been updated and ready for everyone to see! If he ever shows again in your "neck of the woods" please do yourself a favor and go fall in love with his beautiful paintings.

No comments: