Translate

Monday, June 27, 2011

Back from Baltimore.... what's next?

This weekend I was an exhibitor at the Best Bead Show in Hunt Valley, Maryland.  It was so much fun to be with Joan of Joan Miller Porcelain and Alice of Succulent Glass!  We had alot of laughs that filled in the quiet times at the show.   Alice was a great hostess and it was so wonderful to stay at her home this weekend and I thank her and her husband Scott for their generosity and for the wonderful surprise Scott had waiting for us when we got home on Saturday night..... an Xbox Kinect.  What I had anticipated to be a cup of tea and head straight for my bedroom turned into hours of fun and lots of laughs.  Though I did not participate in as many events as Alice and Joan I am happy to say I represented Jersey well in the Boxing category. I have a wonderful video but I am not allowed to show it and have been told if I do, this could be my last blog post... so, since you would miss me.. I am keep that one for myself. ;)  Beaders... this game is certainly going to get you moving to make up for all the time we are sedentary doing what we love...its fun, but its healthy too! 
My Booth at Best Bead in Baltimore with Joan Miller on left in her booth!
Have you heard of SILVERSILK?  Well, as a jewelry maker I think you better get yourself some because this stuff is awesome!  I was first introduced to Silversilk 2 years ago at a bead show in NYC.  It was there that I met Becky Lemek Machinski (who is the nicest person, ever!!!!) who showed me this great product and though I had no idea what to do with it I totally dug all the great things she was doing with it.  This year at the Baltimore show Becky decided to use it with one of my porcelain domed cabs and we totally loved the result.  I wish I had a better photo of the piece she made but maybe with some coaxing she will send one to me-I did take a quickie pic using my cell of the piece she made for me using the same technique (glue, silversilk in 8 needle flat copper, a LPA Domed Porcelain Cab & Flower Mini, a lucite flower and a copper bead & copper findings) Anyway, for all you beaders who love my cabs but do not bead weave or bead embroidery...if you can use glue, you can make the nicest bezels and necklaces using Silversilk..it comes in a variety of colors and I think I bought all of them!!   Just remember for the domed cabs you have to use the FLAT Silversilk chain which comes in different width, photo shows: 8 Needle Flat (4.8mm)... looking at the website, I do not see any examples of it.. so over the next few days I am going to try to get some pictures for you to see.  Have no fear... its getting easier to use cabs everyday!  I also think covering the back of the cab in a coordinating fabric would be awesome.
SILVERSILK Premium Knitted Copper Wire, LPA Porcelain Domed Cab & Flower Mini, Lucite & Copper Findings

 Becky from SILVERSILK
So, other than gardening all day today I think I am going to un pack and try to make some sense of this messy house!  Til next time I leave you with some photo's from the show and wish you Happy Creating!
Andrew Thornton, some random shopper in the back and Me
Rashan Jones and Me (learning how to use my new phone)

Lisa

No comments: