Translate

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Let's Talk July.... in June!

July... the month that I thought I would have everything under control..I still think it might happen!

I was telling Carol Dean the night before last on the phone that I thought when I returned from Bead and Button after giving myself a week or so I would slowly get back into listings and orders... NOT What Happened...  The emails ( I love all of them BTW) came by the internet's version of a truckload of mail sack's dumped on my doorstep.  I believe I made promises.. I will try my best to keep them - I will, I promise.  But I have not been able to keep up as I should.  Workin on it!

Anyway, I have been listing items on etsy for the last few days..and thank you for buying them as quickly as you have been.   The messages you have been sending are so wonderful and it makes all this craziness (bead making craziness) worth it.     I am trying to keep up and trying to list as often as possible!   

It seems as though some of the new designs sold out pretty quick at Bead and Button.. especially this new black, deep textured gouache-glaze surface I have been doing.... so., I will need to get back into the studio sometime in July.  I will probably make announcements on Facebook when I start (more like whiny posts) so if you want any.. lemme know.      I will have a FALL Line out this year - in time for FALL.. {{gasps}} or I think I will.. so stay tuned and plan for black and orange/mustard/rusty colors., chalky colors and lots of leaves.



RING KITS - Ring Kits have been well received!  Recently Rosanne and Beverly sent this  photo of their completed ring kits with the most wonderful review..

Rosanne said "Its the most complete kit I've ever seen. You don't have to do anything but sit down with it and get started. Everything you need is in that bag...and its super simple, yet it looks like you spent all day making it. Loved it! And a portion goes to a good cause too".
I list a few Ring Kits on etsy each week., so keep checking back or send me an email if you are interested in one with your color choice(s)

So...
For those wanting to get a Lisa Peters ART fix in July - here's what's happening:

For the month of July - My private collection of Lisa Peters ART - Handmade Buttons and Beads along with some of Carol Dean and Grace's Samples made with LPA Focals will be on display (insert Melissa Gorga's "On Display" here since Franklin Lakes loves all things RHofNJ-cause' I can't even say "on display" now without singing & repeating it twice)  at the Franklin Lakes Public Library   Buttons will be in Display Case #1 and Beads and Components will be in Display Case #2 in the center of the room.  If you are local stop on by and make some noise for me ;)  * If you go to the show and read this blog and place an order in my etsy shop a special gift awaits you! Just add a note to seller when you complete your purchase that you saw the show and what your favorite piece was and I will email you back with a special gift!

 July 20 & 21st - I will be having a Trunk Show  at the Bead & Glass Boutique in Pitman, NJ.  Please check the bead & glass website or facebook page for updates as well as on my facebook fan page or you can register for any class by calling the shop direct at 856-827-0000.  
The Shop schedule is: 

Friday, July 20  
FREE: Bead Embroidery Club 6-8:30, which will focus on the multitude of ways to embroider with LPA pieces. 
Saturday, July 21:  
11am - Bees & trees earrings - from Heidi Kummili's new, yet to be published book. 
2pm - FREE CLASS: Porcelain Ring w/ Kit - Beginner (*purchase of kit $20 required)

*Purchase a LPA Mini Ring Kit for $20 (each kit one of a kind)  There are a hundred kits to choose from all different colors!  A small portion of the proceeds from buying this kit will be donated (in your name) to the No Kill Advocacy Center in Oakland, Ca.   


July 24, 2012 at 6:00pm  Amy is giving this great class using Lisa Peters ART two-hole medallions - A private selection of beads were selected by Amy when we were in Milwaukee to prepare for this class.
Details: Leather "ID" Medallion Bracelet with Amy (beginner) $35
You will need a macrame board.

I will not be shipping orders from Monday, July 2 - Monday 9, 2012.   Please be advised that there will be a slight delay in email responses from me during that week - but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!
Happy Creating!
Lisa

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such a busy girl! I wanted one of those ring kits but sadly missed out and the funds just were not there anyway. I loved that you donated part of the proceeds. I know you are crazy with all the things going on but you are also so loved and coveted in the community I hope it warms your heart!

Lisa Peters Russ said...

Kristen,

You said it.. I am totally crazy with all that is going on.. barely keeping it together for sure! Thank you so much for your wonderful compliments and such a kind heart! I hope you can get one of those ring kits!! seems like everyone is having fun with them

xoxo
lisa